Following their launch on RebelMouse in April 2020, Austonia is establishing itself as a great source of local news in Austin, Texas. Austonia combines its authentically Austin news with RebelMouse's cutting-edge platform to grow an audience of loyal subscribers.
- Exclusively Austin news
- Truly local feel
- Only promote local Austin advertisers
- No programmatic ads
- No paywalls to reach a larger audience
- Led by a Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial advisor, with five full-time staff members
- Build community through digital media
- Easily optimize content across platforms in real time
Why They Chose RebelMouse
- Sophisticated Entry Editor purpose-built for search, social, and emerging digital formats
- Easily incorporate powerful features to drive engagement
- Leveraged the RebelMouse Insights Dashboard and real-time analytics data to quickly act on viral hits
- Track record and impressive client list
- Trust established during the initial conversations
Austonia’s Three Months Later: Real Results
- Articles ranked on social and search right from the start
- After a great first 15 days following their April launch, the growth continued during the next 15-day period leading into May, where traffic grew by 80%
- During their second 30-day period that ended in June, Austonia saw 12% more growth (no sophomore slump!)
- By July, 30-day traffic grew by another 80%!
- And most recently, August gave them another 70% boost in traffic
- All together, the last 30 days saw 4x more traffic than their first 30 days
- The growth continues in Q3!
April 2020–August 2020 via Google Analytics. Pageviews and User growth, both daily and a 42-day moving average.
And Stuff Like This Happens
When Austonia had the scoop on Joe Rogan moving to Austin, they used the power of RebelMouse to distribute the article across digital channels and maximize the viral impact.
The article started ranking on Google quickly, and as national media sites and social pages linked to their article, Austonia got close to almost 200,000 organic pageviews!
Why Austonia ❤️s RebelMouse
Built-in Modern Technology Integrations: With out-of-the-box compatibility with AMP, Facebook Instant Articles, and various other formats and feeds, Austonia was able to avoid an internal technical hire and still have constant technology upgrades to stay ahead of the curve.
Real Knowledge: Austonia considers RebelMouse to be more than just a tech company — it's best-in-class global expertise.
"When we chose RebelMouse, we did not yet fully appreciate what they offer beyond just technology. The best-in-class team is made up of really smart people from all over the world, working for major clients all over the world, and I benefited from that expertise and experience. As an independent local publisher, this was incredibly valuable and I have so much gratitude to RebelMouse for our success"
—Mark Dewey, Publisher and CEO of Austonia
Change Your Publishing Platform
Just like Austonia, all properties on our platform grow at mind-boggling rates, and are built in a way that allows publishers to focus on producing great content, which in turn becomes sustainable, high-growth social traffic and loyal, long-lasting communities. Customers like Austonia who trust their digital strategy to the experts in distributed content are able to compete with high-budget global news corporations and show up everywhere first!
Request a proposal today and let's start working together.