Building Premium Communities and User Journeys on RebelMouse
RebelMouse is much more than just a replacement for a traditional CMS. Our platform is a tremendous community-building experience. Today's social ecosystem has given us a seemingly limitless number of premium creators who understand how to create gorgeous and relevant content that drives the growth of their own audiences. These creators and influencers are either experts in certain topics, or heavily engaged in targeted content that drives their interests. They're not only consuming the content they're passionate about, but they're contributing to the conversation, too. The new role of the editor is not just to cover the most important topics and people around their expertise, but also to invite those preferred influencers into their community and get them to participate in creating premium content.
The good news is that, in the current competitive landscape, you can scale premium content with small, dedicated content teams. It's about investing in the right tech to support writers and their mission to build lasting communities that validate your brand's message, and to build sustainable reach and revenue.
Along with many other examples, we power one of the most robust millennial communities on the internet in The Odyssey Online. The Odyssey Online doesn't just have one community, but thousands of communities — one for each university, and many around emerging topics. Each community has a dedicated president and editor in chief, and their roles are to find and invite in great members.
Many of our sites are building massive engagement and huge traffic growth by employing our in-depth community features. Here's a breakdown of our premium, online community engagement platform and experience:
The User Journey
- Complete support for logging in to your communities through Facebook, Google, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Your Own Social and Interest Graph
- Members can follow each other, your star editors/creators, and topics of interest.
- Community members can begin their journey by commenting before contributing.
Star Ratings for Users
- Administrators can control the star ratings of users, allowing you to highlight the best community members, feature their comments and posts, and save time around the worst members by categorizing them with low stars and hiding their content efficiently.
Invites and Applications to Contribute
- Avoid having your communities get overrun by spammy user-generated content (UGC) by having complete control over the invitation and application process for new members.
Efficiently Manage Multiple Communities at Scale
- Having one community is so 2010. You can now have a community per section/category/vertical, as well as clear leaders and members for each community. This is far more powerful in today's digital ecosystem.
- Easily launch contests designed to give you access to the best contributors and creators in the world, create a traffic splash and spike in organic traffic, and amass a content library of media and articles submitted by users that you can then repurpose to build more traffic.
Dynamic and Extensible Workflow Tools
- Our platform allows you to create a simplified and streamlined experience to protect the integrity of your communities. This means you can ensure that a certain level of contributors can only send content for review, not publish. Once submitted, other members who are allowed to review and edit, as well as members who can publish to your site and/or publish to social, take the submitted content to its final destination after a thorough review.
- RebelMouse makes setting up this type of environment easy, provides strategy advice in the right ways to approach and implement it successfully, and has a completely customizable setup that you can configure to match your own voice, audience, and needs.
- Community Member
- Community Creator
- Community Editor
- Community Editor in Chief
- Community President
- Ban Users
- Star Rate Users
- Save (to read later) (default for any signed-in member)
- If you don't have a publish permission, you "send to review" instead.
Schedule to Social
- LinkedIn (coming soon)
- Breaking Alerts
- Groups, Categories, and Multiple Lists are supported
It's time for publishers to take advantage of the opportunities content creators and their networks — which are often formed organically — have to offer. Our community platform is not only designed to encourage these relationships, but nurture them into a loyal follower base. Request a proposal today to get started.
Launch a Community on RebelMouse
How to Create a New Community on RebelMouse
Conquer Roles to Make Content Creation Seamless
A Guide to User Permissions on RebelMouse
Stepped Entry Editor: Guide Your Users Through Content Creation