How to Monetize Your Site on RebelMouse
Leverage Our Platform to Sell Digital Ads That Overperform
The COVID-19 crisis in 2020 was an even bigger wake-up call for publishers to create a dynamic revenue plan. The timing of the pandemic aligned with the new reality of a cookie-less world, which has completely reprioritized user experience and what it means to build audience loyalty. This means in 2021, publishers need a solid first-party data strategy and a modern revenue plan that can withstand more months of uncertainty to come.
Let's find the right revenue plan for your site. Here are just a handful of ways our next-generation publishing platform supports multiple monetization methods at once.
Does your site use YouTube or Facebook videos? Here are some ways you can better monetize them on RebelMouse:
- Sell video views
- Create posts using their videos, and include headlines and short bodies of text written by your editorial team
- Traffic the video posts in the second spot in scroll
- Post them to all social channels
- Sell them at a $0.10–0.20 CPV (cost per view)
Sell Sponsored Articles
Sponsored articles are easily integrated into our platform. Here's how to maximize their benefit:
- Write up a short headline with a clever body that has the right outbound links to drive traffic to the advertiser's offer
- Traffic the sponsored posts in the second spot in scroll
- Post them on all social channels
- Charge a $10–20 CPM (cost per mille, or thousand)
- Select 'Exclude from search engines' in the SEO tab of the right sidebar in the Entry Editor:
- This will make sure that the sponsored article follows Google's best practices and will not be able to win in search and will not enhance the sponsored brand's search performance.
Many of our clients utilize this type of premium placement for high-value sponsored articles. Here's what it looks like on mobile for Upworthy:
And here's a desktop view from our friends at GZero:
Calculate Premium Inventory
RebelMouse has redefined how to measure a page view. Get the most out of every visitor to your site:
- Use RebelMouse's Social UX Layout
- Make sure the "Keep reading…" rule is enabled on mobile
- Set up a stream of posts from every article page
- Approximate 2x the number of sessions for inventory
Directory listings are a great way to build revenue and secure repeat visits to your site. Here's how we elevate listings on RebelMouse:
- Accepts credit cards for monthly subscriptions to be listed on your site
- Includes a map that displays all paid listings:
- Sponsored content
- Sponsored events
- Job listings
- Includes a profile with rich content
- Includes geolocated promotion units to reach customers near you
- You set the price per month
- A $100-per-month minimum is suggested
Sell High-Impact Display Units
RebelMouse makes it easy to support high-impact display units that can be sold at a premium to brands. These include:
- Intricate and custom site-wide takeovers that modify the style of the site.
- Creative campaigns that lead to higher CPMs.
- These campaigns often have very clear RFPs that include a video unit placed above the navigation, scroll-through units on mobile, and full-page takeovers.
- RebelMouse has several successful programmatic ad partners. However, we are an agnostic company, and can easily work with any number of vendors.
- If your site has enough excess ad inventory, run programmatic ads with one of RebelMouse's ad tech partners.
- This is a good option for when there's no sales team in place, or when your sales team can't find enough demand for the ad inventory you have available.
RebelMouse proudly partners with Hashtag Labs for digital ad operations.
Make a New Monetization Plan Today
The RebelMouse platform offers multiple ways to build readership with a user experience that nurtures loyalty while increasing revenue. Our team can help you process the right checklist to ensure that you're generating the revenue your content deserves.
Create a monetization plan built for today's digital environment. Request a proposal today and let's start working together.