Google updated how their PageSpeed Insights scores are calculated by releasing a new version of Lighthouse on June 1, 2021. Lighthouse is a tool built into Google Chrome that lets you know how well your site is performing against Google's standards for a better open web. At RebelMouse, our team keeps up with updates from Google closely, and reads all of their release notes and GitHub updates.
It's important to note that Chrome User Experience Report (CRUX) scores and Lighthouse scores are not entirely aligned and often disagree with each other. Please follow best practices on our platform, as described here, to stay ahead of Google's algorithm changes.
If you have any questions about the latest version of Lighthouse, or any of these updates, please email email@example.com or talk to your account manager today.
- RebelMouse's PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals Guide for Developers
- Optimizing Tweets for Zero CLS Penalties
- RebelMouse Feature: Improve Your Page Performance With Core Web Vitals Debugger
- RebelMouse Q1 2021 Platform Updates
- Google Page Experience Now Live in Search Console
- How We're Making Sites Faster in 2021