Fuel Your Business Growth Strategy With Google News
Purpose of This Article
This article aims to help you understand how to leverage Google News and Google Publisher Center for your business growth strategy. Expanding your content to Google News puts your industry materials in front of a larger audience and builds your reputation as an authoritative figure in your industry. Read further to learn about elevating your business and publishing through Google News.
Staying up to date with the latest news is crucial for businesses in this digital world. Google News has developed into the crème de la crème (best of the best) of all platforms offering personalized news updates from various content sources. Without a Google News account, business owners miss out on significant traffic that may increase brand awareness and revenue.
Not only does Google News receive close to 400 million visitors monthly, but it is also ranked #7 in the U.S.’s top 10 news publications! Learning how to harness the power of Google News can supercharge your business growth and give you a competitive edge in the market.
Leveraging Google News for Your Business Growth Strategy
The first barrier to business owners posting information to Google News is their misconception that the service is only for major publications or media organizations. Whether news stories or not, if you continuously offer relevant, current, qualified, engaging, and fresh information, Google News will view you as a certified publisher dropping valuable nuggets in your industry.
Below are the key benefits of using Google News for business:
- Access to a billion-user audience base.
- Increased visibility and brand exposure.
- Google News provides a targeted audience and puts your content in front of relevant consumers.
- Optimized Google News articles for highly interested readers mean increased subscriber conversions for your brand.
Google News Does Not Prioritize Big Media Publications
You heard right! For all content creators, Google News creates an even playing field. Contrary to traditional media sites, getting high-ranking articles can be done without working for a major media organization like Fox or The New York Times. Your material may rank among the top results against tough competition if it matches a user's search query and meets Google's quality content requirements.
How Google News Selects and Ranks News Articles
Google News uses a sophisticated algorithm to select and rank news articles. For example, Google takes the following factors into account before ranking an article:
- Relevance: How closely the content matches what the user is searching for.
- Freshness: Google prioritizes the content's timeliness for some industries to provide the most recent information.
- User Location: Location is crucial for user searches with a local focus.
- User Preferences: Google appeals to a user's interests, whether they're searching for products, services, or valuable information.
- Settings: For ranking, personalization is essential. Google News emphasizes stories covering "for you, topics, sources, and locations" areas.
Aside from these mentioned factors, there are many ways to get the most out of Google News to advance your business growth strategy. Recently, Google News Producer and Google News Publisher Center merged to form Publisher Center. To set up your Publisher account and begin receiving traffic follow this guide.
Google News Publisher Tips: How to Get Featured on Google News
To increase your chances of getting featured on Google News, you should focus on the following:
- Producing high-quality, original content that provides value to your audience.
- Regularly updating your website with fresh news articles.
- Optimizing your headlines and meta tags to boost your visibility.
- Visiting Google Trends to discover what is popular and where your business fits.
- Creating custom URL slugs with the search terms you want to rank for.
- Monitoring and analyzing data from Google News Publisher Center to make data-driven decisions.
- Incorporating multimedia elements such as images and videos to enhance the user experience.
- Submitting a sitemap to increase the chances of getting picked up and ranked.
For more information about RebelMouse’s sitemaps, click here.
How to Get Your Website Approved by Google Publisher Center
To avoid spreading misinformation, Google Publisher Center approves all submissions and verifies your account before evaluating and indexing your articles. To verify ownership of your website, you must follow these guidelines:
- Set up a Google Search Console account. By doing this, Google can ensure you own your website and authorize access to private data.
- Submit your website for review by providing accurate information about your publication and ensuring that it adheres to Google's publisher policies and guidelines.
- During the review process, Google will assess the quality and credibility of your content, the transparency of your website, and your compliance with their policies. If your website meets the criteria, it will be approved, and your articles can appear on Google News.
Google News Publisher Policies and Guidelines
Publishers must abide by specific Google policies and guidelines to keep their presence on Google News. These regulations cover various topics, including user experience, transparency, copyright, and content quality. If you violate these rules, Google News may remove your website from inclusion, reducing your visibility and growth prospects.
Simplify Google Publisher Center Management With RebelMouse
RebelMouse helps you navigate Google Publisher Center's complexity quickly and easily. Keeping up with trends, algorithm changes, and fresh content can be challenging. Utilize a secure content management system that can adjust to Google's frequent algorithm and product changes to stay on top of your content and workflow.
We've developed a highly automated method using RebelMouse's AI-powered CMS to help you streamline your content across all key platforms, including Facebook, Google News, Apple News, and more. Let us manage, improve, and elevate your resources so that you can focus less on marketing and more on your company.
Request a demo today and get traffic seamlessly flowing to your business.