Even more site stability and monitoring on RebelMouse
We're constantly working on improving the stability of our platform, which is why we're happy to announce that our Entry Editor has become a true microservice.
What's a Microservice?
Microservices are a software development technique — a variant of the service-oriented architecture (SOA) architectural style that structures an application as a collection of loosely coupled services. In a microservices architecture, services are fine-grained and the protocols are lightweight.
Here's how it's better than our previous setup:
- It has its own monitoring system, which improves our reaction time to any troubleshooting cases.
- Auto-scaling servers are now specifically configured for Entry Editor's needs.
- Applying and reverting changes can now be done three times as fast.
- Using our alpha channel (before beta and production), we now have a new way of customizing Entry Editor's layout via our Layout & Design tool.
- Release channels are now fully separated, which improves stability.
If you have any questions about this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your account manager today.