In the Sections dashboard, you can create and manage sections for specific topics and content within your site.
To access it, click Sections in the lefthand administration panel or type "YourDomain/core/dashboard/sections" in the URL bar:
Once you open the Sections dashboard, you can:
Add new sections:
Update the section's status to either Public, Private, or Unlisted:
- Public: The section is open to everyone who visits your site and shows up in your site's navigation menu.
- Private: The section is only visible to administrators and will not show up in your site's navigation menu.
- Unlisted: The section is only accessible by URL and will not show up in your site's navigation menu.
Reorder the sections:
As they would appear on your site using the drag-and-drop functionality.
Access Advanced Settings where you have the option to adjust the following in each section:
- The section's meta title and description:
- The section's URL slug, while keeping the section's name the same.
- A link-out URL if you want a section to go to, for example, an online shop.
- Content tags to automatically pull in any post with the same tag.
After making all of your changes, be sure to click Save.
Select a Primary Section:
When creating a post in the Entry Editor, you have the option to allocate a primary section to that post.
Depending on what URL setup and site design / styling you have, that primary section:
- Will be displayed in your posts URL or not.
- Will be displayed in your site's design as the main section label.