New Facebook product updates and algorithm changes pop up just about every week, and we don't expect our clients to scour the internet looking for every last one. Which is why we do our best to keep you up to date with every important platform initiative.
To avoid compromising reach and engagement, it's important to understand Facebook's recent updates and how you can incorporate them into your social strategy. Within the last couple of months, Facebook released a few key updates to better suit groups, content creators, and monetization practices.
Here are some to be aware of:
New Features for Groups to Build Communities
If Facebook groups are a big part of your outreach and strategy, be sure to check out the newest tools and insights for admins and group members.
- Welcome Posts: This feature lets admins create a welcome message that automatically tags new members.
- Badges: This is an easy way to identify admins, moderators, and group members.
- Member Profiles: Separate from your Facebook profile, member profiles pop up when another member of the group clicks on your name. The profile draws from publicly available information like common interests, etc.
- New Controls: Say "hello" to new insights! Some of these include scheduling at the most engaged times and easily moderating offensive members.
- Building Relationships with Group Admins: Join Facebook's invite-only admin group to e-meet fellow admins and exchange stories.
New Tools for Creators
Facebook released two new features for video creators aimed to help them succeed at building a community, interacting with followers, and creating videos that garner engagement.
- Facebook Creator App: This one-stop shop has a ton of features that helps creators easily create original videos, go live with exclusive features, and connect with their community on Facebook. iOS users can download it from the app store today. Let the creative juices start flowing!
- Facebook for Creators: This new website provides resources and tips on how to create engaging videos and connect with fans on Facebook. Learn some new skills, read through common questions, and join other creators in a quest to create a better world.
Instant Articles Monetization Tab
It's no surprise that publishers are constantly looking for better, easier ways to monetize their content. So Facebook introduced the Monetization tab, which is intended to make it easier to control monetization of Instant Articles. One key feature within the Monetization tab is the ability to turn on/off recirculation ads with a one-click switch.
Connecting Donors and Driving Change
See Results in Action!
Local news publishers across the country are seeing 30% more shares when they use videos that are 90 seconds or longer. Need a little inspiration? Take a look at these videos from different industries that have been killing the engagement game recently.