The 2017 Rebel Mindset
At RebelMouse, we love the crazy, fast, ever-changing world of the internet. Founded by Paul Berry, the original CTO of The Huffington Post, and backed by new media experts from BuzzFeed and Buddy Media, we have an avant-garde view of how publishing works.
Check out these 10 statements that define the RebelMouse mindset for 2017, designed to get you psyched to share your stories with the world.
1. Growing an engaged audience isn't an accident.
It's a decision.
2. Be tech savvy, not tech heavy.
To unlock traffic and revenue growth at speeds we've never seen before.
3. Embrace an integrated approach to content creation and distribution.
Social isn't an afterthought, it drives editorial strategy.
4. Data = Amazingness.
Put that awesomeness into the hands of your content creators.
5. Blur the lines and raise the bar.
Editors, writers, and social media managers have the power to implement change — empower them with analytics to fuel growth.
6. The life of a story begins after you hit publish.
Go beyond post and pray.
7. Going viral means creating something worth sharing.
It should be an experience people love. It doesn't mean abandoning substance.
8. Take a format-agnostic approach to content creation.
It's time to embrace the beyond-words era.
9. Ad blocking is a cultural movement.
In an increasingly banner-blind world, ads should (and can) add value to the editorial experience.
10. Experiment and learn with every story.
Evolvability is your competitive advantage and adaptable technology is the secret sauce.
Do you agree? Does this sound like the way you want to approach media? Contact us to learn more and let's start working together!