4 Minute Fighter Abs - A Frugal And Effective Method To Six Pack Abs
With the market flooded with so many programs, equipment and guides to achieve the mythical 6 pack abs, it is easy to lose track of what works, what doesn't or which one is simply better than others for effectiveness and time committed for getting results. The Fighter Abs program by Andrew Raposo caught my attention for its simplicity, effectiveness and ease of implementation because it tackles the much sought after prize of a flat 6 pack abs stomach by a fighter perspective rather than with the usual fitness and diet approach, though there is a degree of overlapping, of course.
Andrew Raposo developed a system for regular guys and gals designed to achieve fighter-like abs with a revolutionary 4 minute training sequence, without the need for regular sit ups and crunches. His reasoning is that short burst of intense exertions is what make fighter abs so outstanding, therefore anything over 30 minutes training is overboard. He then went down the minimalist way to create a 4 minute blueprint to make this ab workout the most effective and time efficient possible, an exercise routine that boosts metabolism for 24/48 hours, well after your routines, helping you burn fat.
Without a doubt, a fat free 6 pack abs is considered by most as the single most important visual clue to one's strength, sex appeal and fitness from where any other physical consideration may follow, both for men and women, without necessarily the need for being too bulky and muscly, unless you decide so. It is also a sign of general good health in addition to physical prowess, where usefulness and appeal go hand in hand, hence the priority attention it receives.But first a word about the author.
Who Is The Author?
With due diligence, it is very easy to find information on Andrew Raposo and his credential on Google because he is a well established boxer and Muay Thai provincial champion as well as strength and fitness coach. He is a real person and you can find a vast array of YouTube training videos featuring him.
This is very important, as there are some other programs in the fitness, diet and bodybuilding industry designed not by knowledgeable authors with real experience who know what they are talking about first hand, but by obscure personalities who simply try to cash is on these evergreen topics.
This is not the case for the Fighter Abs program or its new update, 4 Minute Fighter Abs. Andrew Raposo simply decided to use his expertise and knowledge to help people achieve what most fail to, the highly desired six pack abs, from the simple observation that professional fighters like him DO have a rock hard six pack abs by default, all of them.
They do so without the need for using any particular equipment, or following any particular diet or doing any of the popular ab exercises out there like crunches, planks, high rep ab exercises, or cardio on treadmills that are ineffective and put a strain on your back as well.
What Is The 4 Minute Fighter Abs Program?
In fact, this program makes a complete nonsense of traditional exercises. The author claims that it takes 22.000 time wasting crunches to burn just 1 pound of fat, that holding a plank is useless, high reps ruin your back and cardio is equally useless.
Abs must be exercised, of course, but in a completely different way, with a short, very high intensity approach mimicking a fighter abs natural response in a fight, when they must be able to withstand all forces going through the body from feet to fists as well as from kicks, punches, elbows and knees. This is what makes abs so strong and looking fabulous in fighters, along with a general low body fat.
But no worry about getting into a ring to fight just to get a six pack abs because the program is designed to achieve that kind of fighting-fit results without the need to throw a punch (or receiving one) and in fact it is designed to work for every one, not just men but women and older people too.
Equally important is that the workouts could not be easier to follow as it does not relies on fancy equipment or costly gym membership and can be implemented anywhere, at home or in a hotel room while traveling.
The exercises are in fact nothing like the traditional movements mentioned above but consist rather of a mixture of high intensity no-equipment full body workouts to kick metabolism in plus specific body weight exercises for abs the like of which I had never seen before that are as though as hell.
The purpose of these exercises is to recreate the conditions a fighter finds himself into that cause him (or her) to develop a six pack. Basically these short, high intensity ab workouts have a much greater carry-on effect than traditional and time consuming crunches or other similar exercises, a bit like comparing a 100 sprint to a marathon.
What happens is that high intensity, short exertions impact your metabolism well after you finish your workout, helping you burn fat and adding muscle just where you trained, improving body composition, that is muscle to fat ratio or BMI (body mass index), and giving you a ripped appearance. Just to give you an idea how different and tough these exercises are, watch the video below:
As you can see these ab exercises have nothing to do with standard ab workouts. They are much harder even though they may look deceptively easy when performed by Andrew who is fighting fit and accustomed. You can find out more @ 4 Minute Fighter Abs Official Website
How Does 4 Minute Fighter Abs Work?
Because the program is designed to benefit anyone regardless of age, gender or fitness level, the author structured the 4 Minute Fighter Abs program into 3 distinct phases with each workout lasting a mere 4 minutes.
I found the idea of being able to do your workouts anywhere in just 4 minutes to a greater effect that time consuming and ineffective crunches a major benefit of this program, particularly for those who have a busy life or a dislike for crowded gyms. The purpose of the 3 phase structure is to gear up your metabolism first and finish off your abs later.
The 3 phases work like this:
- The Foundation Phase - this phase is designed to prime you for the latter 2 phases and must be adhered to. Skipping it would be the equivalent of building a house on soft ground without foundations, it will all crumble. It is designed not so much with abs in mind but to condition and prepare your body by increasing and boosting metabolism so that you start burning and losing fat all over. These full body workouts employ all the major muscles in your body, often simultaneously, greatly impacting your metabolism by affecting your thyroid, boosting production of T3 and T4 hormones responsible for fat burning, all done in a natural way.
- A Fighter Abs Reveal Phase - with your metabolism already boosted from the foundation phase, this phase focuses on specific exercises for abs so as to strengthen them, increasing their size while at the same time keep reducing fat with the net result of your abs cutting through the layer of fat and becoming visible.
- A Finishing Phase - this is an extension on the previous phase designed to get rid of the most stubborn fat, the last one to go in anyone who wishes a full six pack abs, the lower belly fat. The exercises and movements becomes even harder for the specific purpose of melting off the last remnants of lower belly fat and bringing out your now sculpted six pack abs to full light, with all the nice grooves and 0 fat between them. Job done.
It is therefore a very down to earth, spartan, I'd say even simple blueprint to follow but by no means easy. Those exercises require dedication and commitment, they tax you metabolism and nervous system like no crunches can, are designed to mimic a fighter extreme stress and situations, where he needs to use his core abs as the central, pivotal point of his body where all forces go through, from his feet to his fists. Plus, the need to withstand blows.
This is and effective program for sure, but is also very much a " no-pain no-gain" one. You got to stick to it and go beyond the "comfort zone", after all those fighters did not get their abs by lounging on a hammock.
What Kind Of Diet You Need To Follow?
Another point that attracted my interest is that Andrew Raposo is quite liberal when it comes to diet regime. Sure, common sense must be applied and no fighter or athlete will tell you than you can feast on fast foods and ice cream as much as you like, but the program is not designed as a typical diet plan with the typical meal planning and calorie counting, nor is it meant to be.
These aspects are irrelevant to the program. The reason being that fighter-like training, whether it be for abs or the whole body, is by default so demanding and metabolism enhancing that you'll probably burn anything you throw at it, within reason. The guidelines on eating of this program are flexible and focus on just basic and common sense nutritional points that are easy to stick to and do not require laborious calorie counting and over thinking.
Who Is This Program Suitable To?
I'd say that this is a no fuss, hands down blueprint suitable to a vast range of people. Sure, the term "fighter" may imply something extreme or hard core, the reality is that the workouts outlined are designed only to mimic a fighter level of intensity and achieve fighter-like six pack abs and low body fat, without throwing or receiving a single punch. It is also minimalist in its structure because it does not require home equipment or gym membership and can be applied anywhere. With that said, here are few people who this program may be suitable to:
- Men and women
- Older people
- People of all fitness levels
- People with no time or a busy life style
- People who cannot or do not want join a gym
- People fed up with poor results
- People bored with ineffective traditional abs routines
What Are The Benefits Of 4 Minute Fighter Abs?
Here I would like to pin point the main advantages I found in this program:
- Effective Workouts - the exercises described and demonstrated in this program are like no other found in other abs focused programs. They strengthen your abs and make them visible taking on a completely different route, a fighter route, but in a safe and easy to implement way. All exercises are described in the manual and demonstrated in MP4 video format (more on this below).
- Real, Proven and Knowledgeable Author - Andrew Raposo is a real person and a real fighter and coach, so you know the plan and workouts are based on solid foundations and real life results than can be applied to anyone wishing to follow his guidance.
- Flexibility - the program structure and ideas are simplicity and effectiveness rolled into one. No need for fancy equipment, going to a gym, use a calculator for you calories or fuss about your next meal. It is suitable for all fitness levels and you can train very hard wherever you are and eat anything (within reason) and most importantly while getting results.
- Competitively Priced - It is really one of the most inexpensive one-off purchase programs of this kind out there. The reason for this is that it comes in digital format only, so there are no over head costs for delivery and storage to inflate the price and it is instantly available.
- 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - the author likes to increase the trust of his Fighter Abs 2.0 customers with a refund policy, should something be unsatisfactory.
What Are The Negative Points?
For some, few of the positive points outlined above may turn out negative ones, for example:
- No Physical Format Available - most people like the idea of having straight access to a digital product upon purchase, online or through download and also appreciate the savings in final cost. However, some others still prefer CDs or other physical formats being delivered to their door. If you are one of those, you are out of luck.
- No-Pain No-Gain Program - it goes without saying that if you are after fighter-like abs you should also train like a fighter as outlined in the plan, and you'd be surprised if you did not have to put in an "unusual effort", or go beyond your own personal "comfort zone". Still, for some people it may be too much an effort, in that case they are out of lack too, traditional crunches may be more convenient.
4 Minute Fighter Abs Components - What's In It?
As mentioned above, this is a digital program, meaning it is instantly available upon purchase and it comes in PDF and MP4 format. The main program is split into 3 different components plus additional 1 bonus. Here is a quick breakdown of the program:
- Workout Videos - this is a collection of videos where Andrew Raposo personally demonstrates how to execute these exercises and it goes hand in hand with the exercise manual. Video demonstrations speak better than any written description and leave no room for error in general. In this case, the videos are a fundamental part of this program not only because they generally teach you how to perform the workouts, but more specifically because these exercises are different from anything you may already know or have come across before regarding abs and body weight workouts. There is no way you could understand and master these exercises without the demonstration videos.
- Workout PDF Guide - this is a PDF book to be used with the videos, where all exercises are explained in layman terms before you watch them on the videos for a complete understanding.
- 12 Week PDF Manual - this is the core of the program, containing all the principles and ideas behind the program and all information you need to know before you go on to implement it.
The Free Bonus
- The Lower Ab Exercise Video Library - a useful add on targeting specifically the lowest part of the stomach, the most stubborn lower belly fat, the last obstacle to revealing a full six pack.
This is a basic summary of the components, you can find
What Makes The Fighter Abs Program Different From Other Abs Plans?
Here is the bottom line: Andrew Raposo's Fighter Abs stands out from the six pack abs program range out there because it tackles the issue of having a fat free, flat stomach from a completely new and different perspective. This blueprint does not contain the usual mantra of traditional ab exercises and cardio coupled with complicated dietary regimes and calorie counting. Instead, it focuses on what works for professional fighters who by default have impressive six pack abs.
The fighting techniques, movements and workouts are then transferred into and easy to implement plan designed around unique exercises. These workouts mimic the short but very high intensity exertions of fighters in order to boost metabolism, burn fat and ultimately get the six packs without the need of time wasting and less effective traditional ab exercises like crunches or endless cardio. It is simple and effective but not easy and it requires commitment and effort on your part as the exercises are not a walk in the park.