The Section Page
Section Page is where you can see all the posts published to that particular section.
The Section Page can be easily changed and customized with our DCMS , but we'd like to walk you through some basic features that can be found on Section Page and what is the expected behavior for them.
Here's an example of what a Section Page can look like:
Access Section Page
All public section pages can be accessed from the section links in Top navigation bar or from Left navigation panel.
Note : Private and Unlisted section links are not displayed here but Admin User can access it by adding "/section_name" to the site URL.
For more information on the left navigation panel, please see here.
The Edit Post hovering buttons
When you're logged in and hover over a post, any post in the Section Page, you'll see that 5 buttons appear: Edit, Stats ,Freeze, Move and Remove.
- Edit: allows you to take that post to edit mode in the Entry Editor.
- Stats: takes you to the stats page for this particular post, so you can evaluate its performance.
More info on stats here
- Freeze: pins that post in place. This means that even if you add new content, that post won't move from its position. You can apply this to any post.
- Move: this allows you to move posts from their current place. You will enter a 'move post' mode that will let you drag and drop articles to a different position. You'll have to click 'Save Changes' or 'Cancel' to exit this mode.
- Remove: this option deletes a post from that page in particular. So if you delete a post from the Section 1 but is also in other sections, the post will remain to exist on all of those but the Section 1.
The Top Bar
The Top Bar by default includes:
- Hamburger Menu: this opens up the left nav to your left. If you're logged in as admin, it will display all admin links so you can manage your Dashboard, Content Feeds, Accounts and more.
More info on the left nav and hamburger menu here.
- Logo: it comes with a default one, but you can change your logo by clicking on the Hamburger Menu > Layout and Design > Top Bar.
More info on changing the Logo here.
- Section Links: all sections that are Public will be displayed in the Top Bar. If you click on one of them, it will take you to that particular section page.
More info on Sections here.
-Section Name : Name of current section page is displayed below section links.
- Search Box: a search box will appear when you click on the magnifying glass. If you click on it again or hit enter, it will search whatever you have input in that field.
If you want to customize your Top Bar with custom html, it's possible! More information here.
Newsletter Module (Subscription Widget)
The newsletter module will allow users to subscribe to your newsletter easily and quickly. It is a default in our template, but you can remove it you don't intend to use it.
More info on setting up your newsletter here.
Facebook Like Module
The Facebook like module lets users like your page with just one click, super simple right?
It is default in our template too, and it can also be removed or repositioned.