Stomach ulcers, also known as peptic ulcers, are ulcers that type in the esophagus, stomach and duodenum. The ulcers within the stomach are known as gastric ulcers and ulcers in the duodenum and esophagus are known as duodenal and esophageal ulcers. There are various elements that contribute to the development of stomach ulcers. These factors include stress, frequent use of medications like NSAIDs, excess alcohol consumption, smoking, and helicobacter pylori infection.
Symptoms can develop if a stomach ulcer all of a sudden causes serious complications, such as internal bleeding. These consist of:
- vomiting blood - the blood can appear vibrant red or possess a dark brown, grainy appearance that's similar to coffee grounds
- passing black tar-like stools
- a sudden, sharp discomfort in your stomach that gets steadily worse and worse and does not enhance
Stomach Ulcer Treatment :
- The very first step in effectively treating stomach ulcers would be to kill Helicobacter pylori if present. This is carried out by taking antibiotics. This bug may be tested for via a breath or blood test.
- If it is established that the root reason for the peptic ulcer is the useage of NSAID then the usually desisting from those drugs will be recommended or other medication be prescribed to replace the effects of the NSAID with out exacerbating the peptci ulcer
- It is very important you adhere to the dosage directions for the medicine cautiously and finish the course, otherwise the bacteria may not be completely eradicated and the stomach ulcer can return. If taken correctly, this type of therapy is effective in about 90% of individuals.
- Consuming smaller sized frequent meals with no food two hours prior to bedtime helps.
- For discomfort, Acetominophen (Tylenol) and mild opiates like Codeine are perfect. Avoid aspirin and derivatives like ibuprofen as they will burn your stomach much more.
- In seeking all-natural remedies, numerous people have testified that taking 1 Tablespoon of raw honey, especially Active Manuka Honey with 1/4 Teaspoon of cinnamon powder every day can effectively treat stomach upset and clear ulcers in the stomach from the root.