Applying for a Tourist Visa to China – A Few Important Reminders and Tips
China is popular for its numerous must-visit places like the Huangshan Mountain, the Great Wall of China, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an and the Tiger Leaping Gorge. Not only that, this huge country is even home to several sites which are listed in UNESCO. So, in short, it's worth getting a tourist visa China as you will love to be a witness to the splendid destinations that you'll get in this small country. But hey, before you head on towards China, one of the most necessary things that you'll need is a visa. If you're not aware of the steps that you have to take to get yourself a visa, we are here to help you out. Below mentioned are few tips and reminders about getting your tourist visa to China.
What basic documents would you need to start the process?
- Your original passport which is valid for around 6 months and it should have at least a single blank page. You also have to carry the photocopies of the emergency contact pages and your bio
- A visa application form which is carefully filled out and signed. Instead of keeping a blank unfilled, write N/A
- A colored photo of you in white background with measurements 48mm X 33mm which has to be glued on to the place you're going to visit. Make sure you don't apply a staple, tape or clip to the picture as your form will be cancelled
- Mention your travel itinerary in the spaces designated for them in the form
- Provide details of hotel reservations and hostels where you're planning to stay.
- Current proof of booked tickets
- In case you're going to stay at some friend's house, you've got to show them the invitation letter. It can be a fax, photocopy or even a printout
So, these are the documents that you will need for obtaining a tourist visa and remember that the set of requirements will change if you're traveling to China for work or study purposes.
Would you require any financial documents for getting the visa?
Like all other visas for Japan and Korea, you have to demonstrate your financial capability to the embassy, that you're able to finance your own trip. For that, you would need:
- Statement of account for the last 6 months and bank certificate. You have to notify your bank about your China visa application and soon they would know about the documents that you may need
- ID of your company
- Income Tax Return with the stamp
- A business registration certificate in case you're self-employed
- Employment certificate which offers details on your position, salary and the duration for which you've been working with your present company
Now that you know the things that you have to do in order to seek help of China visa service, you should take immediate steps to get one before planning your next vacation to China. Make sure you provide all accurate documents instead of forged ones as the latter would spoil your entire endeavor.