We're excited to announce that individual posts on RebelMouse are now embeddable on any website. This allows you to take your latest Tweet, Vine, Instagram, Facebook, or original blog post, and add it directly to your site.
All you have to do is hover over the post, click the new Embed icon, copy the code and paste it into your site's HTML. And just like that, your site has become more social.
When someone embeds a post from your hosted RebelMouse page, it will link back directly to your domain - driving traffic, clarifying the source and increasing brand awareness. It's now easier than ever to let your content roar with RebelMouse.
As a travel blogger you don’t always have time to be in front of your computer to update your blog or website daily, but posting to your social media profiles can happen anywhere and anytime. That’s why RebelMouse is the perfect option to power your site, or be your social front page. Every time you update Instagram, Facebook or Twitter RebelMouse will pull the post into your feed and update your site. Guaranteeing that your site never looks stale or out of date again.
Use RebelMouse to tease your followers about where you are today, so they’ll know what they’re going to read about tomorrow.
You can blog directly on RebelMouse or add it as a front page, additional page, or widget on your site. You’ll no longer have to worry about driving traffic from your social accounts to your blog, and nagging your readers to follow you on social media. It will all happen in the same place!
Looking for a little inspiration, see how travel bloggers Laurel Robbins (Monkeys & Mountains), Zoe Dawes (Quirky Traveler) and JD Andrews (Earth Explorer) are using RebelMouse to power their social activity.
With RebelMouse you can maximize your influence and reach while minimizing your efforts. Snap a photo of something that inspires you on your travels, post it to Instagram and instantly your followers will see what is inspiring you.
Join RebelMouse today and put the visual web to work for you today.
If you already have a RebelMouse account (you may sign up here if you don’t have one yet) and you want to increase traffic to your site or blog, here are five simple steps you can easily implement today!
1. Use RebelMouse to Make Your Site Real Time and Social
Build a community on your blog or a dedicated community site (e.g. community.yourdomain.com) for all your tweets, Instagram photos, Facebook updates and all the great stuff you’ve discovered in the internet.
It will not only increase traffic and time spent on your site but also help foster a loyal community as your readers will constantly see fresh content on your site.
To do this, simply follow our guide here.
2. Encourage readers to sign up for your Rebel Alerts
Once you have embedded RebelMouse on your blog or dedicated a social hub on your site, a great way to engage with your community is through Rebel Alerts. Through a regularly scheduled email, Rebel Alerts will notify you followers of the best and most recent content on your page.
3. Turn on Twitter Shout Outs
Increase your traffic by letting your readers and followers know whenever they are featured on your site.
If you’re curating a popular topic, it will automatically let others know that you have featured their tweet and encourage them to share.
To do this, go to the Sharing section on your Dashboard. Click on Public @Reply to user (Recommended). You may choose to keep the Default shout outs or customize the words by clicking on Apply custom tweet wording. Once done, select the Twitter account to send the Shout Outs from then save your changes.
4. Put the link of your site on your Twitter bio
A simple yet powerful way to get people to visit your blog is to add a link to your blog in your Twitter bio or other social networking profiles.
To do this, login to your Twitter account then go to your Settings. Put your RebelMouse link in the website field. Then click Save changes.
5. Email signature
Turn your email correspondents into visitors! Another easy way to get more people to visit your page is to include a link to your RebelMouse on your email signature.
What other strategies are you implementing to increase traffic to your community RebelMouse page?
Email us or click on the link below to share!
ICYMI: The internet A list comes out to say goodbye to Twitter's now ex VP of Product Michael Sippy. Cue the music.
RebelMouse is the best Twitter widget. Sign up in seconds to have a beautiful Twitter widget live on your site within minutes.
Feature your latest Tweets -- or Tweets from any source, including a hashtag, Twitter list and Custom Timeline -- to keep your site updating in real time.Simply click the Twitter button here, head to the powerful RebelMouse Dashboard to enter the feed you’d like to pull in, and generate a single line of code to add to your website.
We’ve added a new layout option to RebelMouse that content publishers will enjoy. Our simplified two-column theme uses your images and videos to beautifully fill the width of your site while still leaving room for side bar of content on the left side. With this design, you can highlight and freeze what's most important to your brand in the main column, while keeping necessities along the side bar.
This layout is ideal for publishers who want to showcase their images alongside their text updates. It's perfect for breaking news coverage, feature pages - or just showing off your social updates!
Increase awareness, acquire new customers and increase loyalty from your existing consumers through well planned social media contests. Contests allow you to tap into social engagement and turn experiences into stories that will help drive more conversation for your community and your brand.
Whether your contest is to crowd source stories on Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest, you may easily build a campaign around a hashtag and display entries and activities around the contest into a beautiful, dynamic site.
- You Live in Real Time. So Should Your Site. RebelMouse automatically pulls in content you post to your social networks so that your site is automatically updated. Your site should reflect the dynamic, social person you are, not be a snapshot from the past.
- A Better Way to Represent You and Your Community. With RebelMouse it's incredibly easy to include your favorite articles from your community and generally build a larger conversation than just yourself. You can still freeze your content towards the top and in the bigger spots, but it makes it easier to really curate a conversation around a topic. Use RebelMouse to power blog.rebelmouse.com or your full site and you'll instantly have a more dynamic blog for you or your company.
- Welcome to the Visual Web. Images are not optional and RebelMouse makes this easy on you by pulling in images, videos and other media to make your front page look instantly visually appealing.
- Just Point and Click. No Designers or Developers Needed. RebelMouse produces a beautiful site for you without the need to spend thousands on custom development.
Got a hashtag for your event, hobby, twitter chat, business or anything else? It's easy to create a beautiful, visual site that automatically updates as updates are posted. You can add Instagram or Twitter hashtags to any RebelMouse site. It's easy, just:
- Launch a new site. You can do this in the upper right of your dashboard. Choose what to name it and edit it's settings to choose a new image if you'd like.
- Add your hashtag in Content & Feeds. You can choose to have it post directly or go to drafts first where you can moderate that content and choose what to publish. You can also use our advanced filters to choose to post from a hashtag only from a certain account or Twitter list.
- Share your amazing site! Yup, it's that easy.
Welcome to the all-in-one publishing plan for individuals and small businesses at a price you can’t beat - free! Our Rebel Explorer program is perfect for Rebels with something unique to share, whether you’re a, freelancer, social maven, or small business owner.
Rock your RebelMouse at yourname.com
You’re just a point and click away from displaying our repertoire of social integrations and compelling visuals on your own custom domain name. Integrating your social feeds into your site will keep it current in real time. (Your search rankings will thank you for it.) Put these powerful features to work for your custom domain name and the message will be clear: You get it.
Let RebelMouse power New.YourCompany.com
Power a subdomain with RebelMouse and add socially dynamic content to your existing site in just minutes. Whether you need to feature news, create content for a company event, power your blog or run a campaign, RebelMouse provides an arsenal of customizable features that will get you up and running quickly.
Jumpstart an existing site with a RebelMouse embed
You no longer have to be a Zuckerberg to rock an infinite scroll on your site. Embed RebelMouse on the bottom or side of your web presence and watch your time per visit and page views skyrocket. We make it easy to inject new life to your site. Just copy a snippet of code from our embed tab and drop it into your HTML.
Share the joy with content creators you love
When you feature a post from someone else on your site, you can set up Rebel Shout Outs to let that person know you added their content. This brings crediting a source or author into a next gen engagement feature. Not only are you sharing with your network, but in the likelyhood that the author retweets or shares your shout out, you’ve just share with their network as well. Hello viral!
If you're a blogger who's looking to build your community, here are some tips from top thought leaders in blogging. Find more resources and tips from thought leaders on how you can effectively build and showcase your community.
You can use a custom domain with RebelMouse to instantly make your site social and dynamic. Simply sign up for a free RebelMouse account and get started today!
You'll need to already own a domain name, and to link it to your site just change your DNS as follows:
- Add a CNAME from www to powered.rebelmouse.com. This will make www.(yourdomainname).com point to RebelMouse. To power a subdomain, point the first section of the URL to powered.rebelmouse.com.*
- Add an A record for your naked domain (usually called "@") pointing to 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 This will ensure that users visiting http://(yourdomainname).com will be redirected to your RebelMouse at http://www.(yourdomainname).com. Skip this step if you're powering a subdomain.
- 1 & 1
- Powering a subdomain
- Video tutorials for 15 different hosting sites
Once you're all set up, we encourage you to think about using RebelMouse.com as your domain's staging area, and make all changes like editing headlines, freezing modules and reposting content there. These changes will be instantly live on your custom domain.
*For example, if you wanted to power blog.yourdomainname.com, you would add a CNAME from "blog" to powered.rebelmouse.com, and not add an A record.
Don't use the Domain Forwarding option.
If you're embedding RebelMouse on your site, you don't need to change the DNS. Simply generate the code in your Embed tab and paste it in a section of your site.
RebelMouse’s visual display, automatic updates and sharing functions make it a great platform to showcase your Etsy listings!
Here’s how to get started:
On the heels of launching our first mobile app on Android, we’re thrilled to announce that RebelMouse is now officially available on iPhone! As we continue to gain momentum with over 15 million unique monthly visitors, we created this version to ensure that RebelMouse is available to everyone. Our team worked hard and took the time to create a beautiful product with all of the iOS 7 style and design features. Now you can curate and publish your favorite content on-the-fly from your iPhones.
Our iPhone app provides a fast, stable and slick mobile experience with all of the same functionalities and creative freedom that’s offered by our desktop product and Android app.
You can now easily manage your RebelMouse site directly from your iPhone to:
Create a beautiful blog post from any photo, link or page
Share or repost your favorite tweets, texts, videos and images
Discover content from other RebelMouse users in one easy-to-view stream
We’re always listening to you and looking for the best new ways to improve the RebelMouse experience. More exciting news is on the way, so stay tuned!
To pull in posts from Facebook Groups, you can add the page's RSS feed with the following steps:
- Find the ID from the page's URL: https://www.facebook.com/groupname/ID/ (the ID will be a long number)*
- Paste the ID in the ID section of the following link: https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?id=ID&format=rss20
- Paste the new link in the RSS section of the RebelMouse Content & Feeds tab
*If the Group page doesn't have an ID number in the URL, you can find it by pasting the URL here: http://lookup-id.com
*Note* Only groups with "Everyone" privacy setting and no age limit will pull into RebelMouse.
As people get better and better on social, their blogs aren’t always reflective of the great content they’re producing. More and more people are turning to RebelMouse to solve this problem by adding RebelMouse front pages and embeds to their blog. Here's how (and why):
- A RebelMouse Front Page: Your latest blog post is only one small piece of your online life, yet when you visit many blogs that's the only thing you see. Adding a RebelMouse front page lets you easily create the dynamic experience that represents you. Add in your content from social, guest posts from other blogs, great reviews and anything else that you'd like. Check out how GaryVaynerchuk.com, BenParr.com and CasieStewart.com have implemented this! It only takes a few minutes thanks to our easy embed guide. Consider upgrading to a powered site to have more control over the branding on your blog.
- Infinite Scroll for your Pages: If your home already has a design you love another option is to embed RebelMouse as an infinite scroll beneath your other content. You can also do this on any article page as well. This enables better recirculation of your content as readers finish the article or post they're on. More on infinite scroll and it's benefits. Anand.ly is an example of an infinite scroll set-up beneath a front page header and nav.
- A Dynamic Sidebar: RebelMouse's embed also allows you to add a sidebar to to encourage recirculation and help your blog grow! This is easy with our Wordpress plugin or you can simply embed in a contained area and it will adapt to the space you have.
RebelMouse is the best Instagram widget. Sign up in seconds to have a beautiful Instagram widget live on your site within minutes.
Feature your latest Instagram posts -- or posts from other accounts and hashtags -- to keep your site updating in real time.Simply click the Instagram button here, head to the powerful RebelMouse Dashboard to add the feed you’d like to pull in, and generate a single line of code to add to your website.
You can easily create list posts in RebelMouse with the new Add Media feature! Check out our example below of how you could use lists, and hit us up on Twitter with some of the great lists you're making!
YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Facebook, Brightcove, UStream, LiveStream, Dropcam, Bambuser, Tout, Kickstarter, Viddy, SlideShare, Kiwi, Qwiki, Dailymotion, Instagram, events.Sap.com, Kickstarter, ReverbNation, Flickr, SnappyTV, Audioboo.fm, player.ooyala.com and Burst.it.
We've just released a new look for posts within RebelMouse! So go ahead, write a blog post, add an image or check out a post you already have on your site. When you go to a RebelMouse post, it will expand to fill the whole screen and new share buttons will be visible along the left side. You'll also find other content from the site directly below the post. Check it out and let us know what you think!
#RebelTip: You can give any post its own RebelMouse full page post by going into the Edit view and unchecking the 'Link out directly to the original source' box.