How to Fix Error - Error 2203 when trying to uninstall Microsoft C++ 2005??
Error 2203 when trying to uninstall Microsoft C++ 2005?
I keep getting this error trying to uninstall C++ 2005. I was trying to install AVG and got an error message. I did some research on it and it lead me to C++ having a problem. I tried to uninstall to install C++ 2008 but got error 2203 trying to uninstall.
Now I'm getting this error message whenever trying to install or uninstall anything (from what I tried anyway). Research on this particular error and implementing the suggestions has had no success.
Solutions to the Problem Error 2203 when trying to uninstall Microsoft C++ 2005?
We can try a few steps here to resolve this problem.
Stop and Restart the Windows Installer Service:
1. Click the Windows Start button or press the Windows button on the keyboard.
2. In the Start Search box type Services and then click the Services item that appears at the top.
3. Expand the Services window and then scroll down to Windows Installer.
4. Right-click the Windows Installer list item and then click Stop, right-click again and then click Start.
Windows Installer CleanUp Utility might be able to help you.
You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer.
Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove
the actual program from your computer.
However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.
Download the latest version from the following link:
When you use Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, you can perform the following functions:
· Select one or more programs that were installed by Windows Installer from the
Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box.
To do this, select the programs that you want in the Installed Products list in the
Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box.
After you make this selection, the utility removes only Windows Installer configuration information that is related to those programs.
· Remove all Windows Installer information associated with the selected programs.
This includes the entries for the programs in the Add Or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Be aware that only
the Installer information for that particular program is removed, not the files.
For more information refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
NOTE: We can have
Only one Anti-Virus installed / running on your computer at any one time.
Conflicts, System crashes and freezing may occur if you have more than one Anti Virus installed and running on the computer.
Your error code would appear to be an Admin rights issue during install.
Try right-clicking on its setup.exe > And Select Run as Admin.
Or, disable UAC > install your Program > re-enable UAC.
Refer to the link for the steps:
Add the Everyone group with Full Control permissions to the Permissions list of the default temporary files folder:
1. Click the Windows menu button (formerly the Start button) or press the Windows button on the keyboard.
2. In the Start Search box type %temp% and then click the Temp folder item that appears at the top.
3. At the top of the Explorer window, in the address bar, click the folder to the left of Temp in the folder path (Local by default).
4. In the folder list, right-click the Temp folder and then click Properties and then click the Security tab.
5. Click the Edit...
button and on the next screen click Add.
6. On the next screen, in the large text window type Everyone and then click Check Names - Everyone should then be underlined.
7. Check the box for Full control under the Allow column, and then click OK, then OK again, and OK again to close all the windows.
Check after each step if it resolves your problem.
Hope this information was helpful.
Let me know if this worked.
All the best!
Thanks and Regards,
Uma R - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
In this method we will try to Boot in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists.
- Search "MSCONFIG" and Open.
- Click on Boot Tab
- Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option
- Select Network.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Reboot your System.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Error 2203 when trying to uninstall Microsoft C++ 2005?:
How to Fix Error 2203 when trying to uninstall Microsoft C++ 2005? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Download SONY SVE1512H1RB Synaptics PS/2 Port ClickPad driver,Method to Download SONY VGC-LT10E SigmaTel Audio Driver Update v.6.10.5614.0,Way to Download SONY VGN-CS118E/R AV Mode Button Utility v.1.1.01.09140 driver,Method to Download SONY VGN-FW375J/B Alps Pointing Device Driver v.22.214.171.124,Where to Download SONY VGN-NS270J/S Pioneer BD-ROM BDC-TD01 Firmware Update v.1.03,Data Export From Quickbooks To Excel,Date Format In Formula Bar And In The Cell Is Not The Same,Deleted The Snipping Tool,Desktop - Open Program Issues,Desktop Windows Manager Keeps Poping Up & It Reads That There Is A Problem & That Windows Will Check It Out & Send Me An Answer .
Read More: [Solution] Error 1335 with FSX,Error 0x000006cc cannot share printer Solved,eMusic Will Not Go Away! Tech Support,Fast Solution to Error: epson cx5400 all in one printer,Error can not open install log file not able to delete some programs Anwsered,does anyone know what the dialog means "System.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception windows is checking for a solution?,Does Log Me In Ignition for my Android with Windows 7 Home Premium?,Download failure for my Blackberry and the process stops during the install,Display settings keep changing when I come back from sleep mode,Downloaded files are not saved