How to Get Approved for Facebook Instant Articles
Setting up Business Manager and Pages Permissions
1. Sign up for Instant Articles
2. Locate or create a Business Manager Account
Locate your organization's Business Manager account. If your organization doesn't have one, it's time to create one.
3. Add a Page to an Existing Business Manager Account
Add the Page(s) associated with your Instant Articles feed to Business Manager. In most cases, this will be your organization's main Facebook Page.
4. Add Your Team to Your Organization's Business Manager and to Your Page(s)
- Add your team as Employees.
- Add your team as Page administrators. (Suggested role: Analyst)
5. Access Instant Articles Tools
Use Business Manager — or your direct Page(s) — to access the console where you can configure and manage Instant Articles.
6. Accessing Your Page
Go to your Page either via the Business Manager or from your personal Facebook account. Note: To access your Page through Business Manager, go to business.facebook.com and click Use Page.
7. Page Settings
On the top, right-hand side of your Page, click Settings.
8. Instant Articles Configuration
In the left-hand column, select Instant Articles. You'll see options there to set up everything you need (e.g., configure styles, see errors in your feed, etc).
9. Connect Your Site
Find the Connect Your Site options and add the meta tag that's provided to your site. Here's an example:
- For Runner, you can add a meta tag in the Runner Entry Editor.
- For Roar, you need the Roar developer team to add it.
Then, enter the URL of your site and click on Claim URL.
10. Creating and Modifying Styles
If you don't change styles, you won't get approved by Facebook. The two most common ones we see clients get dinged by Facebook for are: You haven't added a logo yet (won't get approved), or your link color doesn't match your mobile site. The default link color in Facebook Instant Styles is black, whereas most default link styles on websites are blue (or a variant thereof) — so make sure you change it to match.
To create or modify the styles used for typographic elements that appear in your articles, use the Style Editor found on the Instant Articles configuration page.
Font size and spacing are automatically scaled to different screen sizes. They are not customizable.
To find the Style Editor, go to Settings on your Page, then choose Instant Articles from the left-hand navigation menu.
"Default" is the basic style applied to articles that appear in your feed. Edit the default style by clicking on its name. This opens up an overlay with options to customize individual elements in your articles.
To customize a style element:
- Find the element you want to edit and change the options associated with it. When you're done, click Save.
- After your changes have been saved, you can preview the results by looking at your articles in the Facebook Pages Manager app.
- Font options include the ability to select from the families of two system fonts available in iOS and Android:
- Serif font: Georgia
- Sans Serif font: Helvetica Neue
- To change the color of an element, click the color swatch and enter the corresponding hex code for your preferred color.
11. Facebook Ads
Facebook provides automated options for Facebook Ads in Instant Articles through their Audience Network. (You can learn more about this here.) Once you've signed up and have your Ad Account ID handy, please send it to your Account Manager who can get you set up in RebelMouse. Click here to learn more about our ad manager dashboard.
Want more tutorials on Facebook Instant Articles? Click here to get your read on.
- Instant Articles | Facebook ›
- Instant Articles ›
- Instant Articles - Home | Facebook ›
- FAQ - Instant Articles ›
- Facebook Instant Articles - Wikipedia ›
- 7 Things You Need to Know About Facebook Instant Articles ›
- Publishers using Facebook's Instant Articles can now show more ads ›
- Facebook Instant Articles: What Marketers and Publishers Need to ... ›