There are many heartburn remedies that you can try and some of the effective treatments that you can try are as follows:
- As soon as you feel that you are going to have a heartburn attack, drink a glass of water. This is an instant heartburn relief that can help in washing off the acid from your esophagus and bring it back on the stomach. It will lessen the burning feeling on your chest area and relieve the pain immediately.
- Chewing a sugar-free gum can help in relieving the burning sensation of acid reflux. Since your mouth can produce saliva while chewing gum or even just taking any lozenge, the alkaline in the saliva helps in neutralizing the acid that would go up the esophageal area.
- Drink the juices of alkaline containing vegetables such as beetroot, radish, carrot and cucumber. If you are not a fan of juicing such vegetables you can just eat them raw.
- Baking soda may not be the good choice for you but this has been found to control the acid created in the stomach. This will neutralize the acid since baking soda will act as a base and will lessen the corrosiveness of the acid in your stomach. It will also help in increasing the pH level in the stomach, which will also lessen corrosiveness and ease the burning sensation.
- Drinking a cup of ginger tea can help in relaxing the muscles in the esophagus, which will help in preventing the acid from being pushed upward.
- If any of these heartburn remedies will not work for you, then it is time that you look for an effective antacid that can relief the pain immediately. It is best that you can consult your doctor first. In this way, you are assured that you have the right prescription for your condition.
Finding a good and effective heartburn relief may be difficult at times since you are not aware whether the particular treatment will work for you or not. But trying once will do you no harm since you can try whether the treatment is suited for you or not, and be able to find out the one that you can do whenever you feel heartburn.
If you feel recurring heartburn, it is best that you are aware of the possible treatments that you can try instead of taking antacids as your first resort. This will enable to you to prevent any side effects and just go natural with treatments for your recurring heartburn or acid reflux problem.