10 Mistakes that will destroy Worker Involvement
10 Blunders that will destroy Employee Participation
Employees will be the backbone of any organization. For almost any organization to fly high it's important they have a robust foundation of work force support. A channelized effort of all of the workers towards accomplishment of a common goal leads in a brief span of time to success. But any organization, be it private or professional requires commitment and attention from both the sides mutually. Certain key points that should be looked after by the to retain the employees and align their efforts towards the vision of business are as stated below.
1. Hygiene of the work place: Employees must be healthy to perform and give their finest. A tidy and hygienic work place is required to keep the employees healthy and hearty. A messy and unorganized work station decreases the productivity level of the employees and kills the motivation. Proper cleanliness must be kept in the work place which includes the dining and washroom space also. A workplace that is properly lit and airy keeps the employees spirits high and lets the positive energy flow in.
2. Work Timings: Work timings must not be exaggerated as it might sometimes be difficult for the employees to cope with it. This aspect ought to be looked after particularly for female workers. Individuals work for his or her families and must balance both these aspects in once. This may result in high attrition rate in turn hampering goodwill and the picture of the business in the industry.
3. Personal Connect: The HR department should make an effort to construct a personal rappo and connect using the employees as it would boost their commitment level up. If the management stands by them in their own bad and good times and values the private interest of its own employees, it will help encourage a great work culture. Celebrating birthdays and every other special days related to them will make them feel recognized as people and not simply an employee and important.
4. Benefits and Recognition: An effort is a work waste if not recognized on time. The motivation behind great work is recognition and the rewards . Unless and until there is a driving force behind any work assigned people might not place in their best attempts. Efforts and great outcomes of the employees should be recognized and rewarded in time. This acts as a lever for the driving force to perform better every time and keeps the motivation level high. A sound rewards and recognition policies help the company in achieving and keeping valuable ability and enhance the brand and goodwill value of the company.
5. Communication Gap: A communication network that is powerful aligns the employees towards common target and also the management. When they've any concerns the workers ought to be well aware of the communication channels and really should feel liberated to speak their heart out. A two way successful communication system helps them know and understand each Communication plan other better and gives clarity of thoughts to both management and the employees. Communicating gap results in disparity in the thinking process which then hampers the trust variable and work culture of the business.
6. Appropriate Metrics for Grievance Management: Trust is a basic aspect of any organization. Workers right channels to deal with their concerns and needs to be well aware of their rights. There ought to be a well maintained link with all privacy settings integral to address grievances of its employees without emphasizing the person concerned.
7. Routine Interaction: There ought to be the management defining the short term targets and routine interactive sessions involving the workers and the milestones reached. This helps them connect their goals that are individual to that of the organization and gives the workers a bigger picture. These regular interactions can take the form of Webinars Seminars or Hi-tea corporate get together where ideas could be changed and employees get a platform to talk about their input on important issues linked to the business. This involves them more in the business and fosters the engagement and initiative amount of the employees.
8.Cultural Respect: With the changing marketplace dynamics businesses have accommodated a cosmopolitan culture where people from various religious and ethnic backgrounds work together. The companies ought to be aware, reverence and inculcate all respectful worth in its work force for these diversified cultures.
9.Routine work Culture: the productivity level goes down If an organization sticks into a work structure where workers are likely to work continuously with no recreational activities being contained in the work schedule. In such a work culture after having a point of time the worker reaches a saturation degree and is bound to leave the corporation or is accused of poor performance. Recreational activities like team outings, company get together celebrating family day or various festivals together keeps the employees inspired and happy. At times it also helps reduce the attrition rate for the organization.
10. With all the necessity of the hour at times they need to be traveling, late night or working. In such events it becomes the prime responsibility of the company to take all possible measures to provide a safe work environment to them. When they will have any, there needs to be a solid and fast action with respect to