Entry Editor: Content Creation Re-imagined
The RebelMouse entry editor, built from the ground-up to re-imagine the content creation process, is simple, elegant, and powerful with easy-to-use interface and optimization tools.
Content built with the entry editor is naturally responsive across all devices and platforms, and includes “what you see is what you get" functionality that eliminates surprises during the publishing process. With features that include input functionality for media, SEO and social optimization tools, and art direction and recommendations, creating content has never been simpler or more effective.
RebelMouse entry editor key benefits:
- What you see is what you get: RebelMouse built an entry editor that displays how a post will look during the content creation process, so there are no surprises after pressing 'Publish.'
- Responsiveness across devices: There's never a need to worry about how your post will look on tablets or mobile devices while creating content. The RebelMouse entry editor scales content and associated media up or down to fit screens of all sizes.
- Optimization tools for SEO and social discovery: RebelMouse knows that even the best content needs the right tools to enable discovery and potential virality. Through a combination of custom SEO tools per post that gives authors the power to set meta tags for content, and with customizable share language to make sure headlines and descriptions are targeted to social media, RebelMouse puts the tools used by the world's biggest publishers into the hands of your editorial team.
- Cropping images for distributed content: While RebelMouse will do the work to make content scale across devices, you're in control of how your splash images will appear in various pieces of distributed content, including mobile, using the built-in crop tool.
- Splash image recommendations: Feeling uninspired or struggling to determine what image will sit at the top of your post? RebelMouse helps solve this issue by providing image recommendations based on keywords. Images are connected to creative commons search engines like Google and GIPHY, and can connect to other licensed image repositories such as Getty Images.
- Input all media types: Great content rarely includes just text and images. In today's social, visual Internet, bringing in rich media and placing content directly into a post is the norm. RebelMouse allows writers to input media, from YouTube videos to Instagram photos, directly into a post body simply by pasting a link into a media bar and watching the post editor grab that content and add it into the post in seconds.
- Secure handling of embeds: Sometimes, you just need to embed content from around the web into a post (for instance, a Google Map). Instead of forcing you to hunt down and try to decipher an embed code, RebelMouse uses a simple shortcode to embed content into a post and uses simple parameters to format embeds properly and securely.
- Social calls-to-action: It's no longer enough to create a one-way content experience that precludes your audience from getting involved. RebelMouse includes a comment integration and then takes engagement a step further with social call to action modules. From petitions and pledges to slideshows, quizzes, and faceoffs, RebelMouse has built-in tools to increase engagement between content and audience.