The Rebel Discovery dashboard is where CRM magic happens -- no need for to-do lists, manual spreadsheets, or navigating team silos to manage social content exchanges. The intuitive, singular interface and automated functionality allows your team to efficiently connect your content to the social outlets.
1) Go to the Discovery Dashboard
Once articles are published from the entry editor, social post drafts automatically move to the top of the outbox in the Discovery dashboard, along with any linked social accounts.
If you manage of your company's social channels, you can start distributing content from the dashboard. To access click Discovery in the left admin panel OR type YourDomain/core/discovery:
2) Filter Posts According to Your Role
Teams typically have either one person or a team dedicated to specific channels. Filter stories to see the content most relevant to you.
Pro Tip: Don't forget to organize the dashboard! The default view shows posts that are new, scheduled, and sent but not yet archived. Start archiving to keep the dashboard clean and transparent -- you can archive in the default view or in the detailed post view.
3) Publish Your Social Posts
Once you publish the social post, a subtle ping (i.e. a “like" of a recent Facebook post) automatically goes out to the linked social accounts. This signals that you exist and are sharing their content -- the start of a beautiful partnership:
4) Take Communication Further With Email Outreach
Don't feel restricted to just using the pings sent through Discovery. Switch to Email Outreach drafts, where RebelMouse automatically pulls in email addresses of account owners and template language so you can easily message them, say you love their page, and indicate you have great stories for their fans:
To make email outreach more personalized and effective, and the Partners vs Organic feature more valuable, you can now set a different email template for each type of social referrer.
How it works
Go to Settings > Template
You can now customize four different email outreach templates, depending on whether it's the first or more general outreach for a target social account:
- First Outreach Template for Organic Profiles: The first time you reach out to a new profile.
- First Outreach Templates for Partner Profiles: You can mark a profile as a "Partner" in the Ecosystem (more on that below) once you realize they are a consistent fit for outreach. This template is your first outreach to those profiles.
- General Outreach Templates for Organic Profiles: This is a template for after you sent the first outreach to an organic profile.
- General Outreach Templates for Partner Profiles: This is a template for after you have sent the first outreach to a partner profile.
The platform automatically serves the appropriate template any time you email a target account.
At RebelMouse, we truly believe that the life of a story begins after publish. You can optimize your content at anytime through two key ways:
- Optimize From the Discovery Dashboard: Click on a headline in the Discovery dashboard to optimize articles and check key stats. Use the Discovery tagging system and search results to find the accounts that are related to each article. Be creative! This is a moment where you can add tags without worrying about it impacting how the article is tagged on the site. The trick is to think of search phrases that define the article. It is very easy to click to view the article and get more ideas for tags.
- Optimize From the Discovery Bookmarklet: You can easily access full Discovery functionality from any published article. A “Discovery" button now appears where you currently find the “Edit" button. Once you click on it, a bookmarklet opens up and you'll be able to optimize, schedule social posts, and check stats:
5) Check Your Ecosystem
As your content ideally gets shared, identify partners contributing to your growth through the Ecosystem tab and get them to continue to spread the love:
- Pinpoint Your Most Valuable Referrers: The Ecosystem tab includes information on all the social accounts that your team has selected using Discovery. You can flip through the Facebook and Twitter tab (other networks coming soon) to focus on a particular network:
Great potential partners are either like-minded media companies and brands or the real magic of social -- home-grown pages with massive, organic followings. These are great accounts to connect with since they leverage your brand name for validation and you receive additional content exposure + (ideally) more fans/followers.
- Get Deeper Detail: Relationship Profile Page: Once you click from the Ecosystem page, you'll see a Relationship Profile that gives you deeper insight for each page: # of stories, likes, comments, shares, list of your content they've referred to + posts you've linked each referrer to through Discovery:
- Nurture the Relationship With Email Outreach: RebelMouse automatically pulls in stories based on suggested tags and email addresses attributed to discovered social accounts. Take advantage to easily message them directly from the profile page:
Engaging with shareable content on social platforms can help you unlock new sources of audience growth in terms of reach, engagement and account size. It can also be a gateway for partnerships and for connecting with new potential contributors. Additionally, you can use Discovery to:
- Surface content that can serve as the basis for viral posts
- Help you detect trends on drivers of virality in terms of story ideas and presentation
In the era of distributed content, social media isn't just a space to promote content on your domain. Embrace the ecosystem to maximize its potential. You do this by creating experiences that are endemic to social platforms and by engaging with like-minded organizations and passionate communities on the network.