Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.
Innovations in Scholarly Communication survey - EAHIL dashboard
For the EAHIL interactive dashboard we took the 2200 responses in the discipline MEDICINE from 37 countries in Europe from the original 2015-2016 survey Innovations in Scholarly Communication. The survey asked about tool usage for 17 research activities and stance towards open access and open science.
The three links below lead to charts with the results.
- All results can be filtered by discipline, research role, career stage and country.
- Use the Pages-tab to see all available pages in this dashboard
- For more detailed analysis, use the 'Explore' link under each chart title.
This enables you to change the chart type and parameters, and add additional filters to see what tool combinations people use. You can also generate your own charts using the 'Explore' tab at the top of the screen.
EAHIL distributed it's own customised version of this survey in 2015, but unfortunately the response was only 67. To offer the EAHIL community meaningful data from this survey Bianca Kramer and Guus van den Brekel came up with the idea to extract the data from all European participants and create a special interactive SILK dashboard based on that.
- From the original dataset (available on various platforms) we took a selection with a filter on the discipline MEDICINE plus all the relevant European countries from which forms were received. This resulted in 2200 responses/datacards.
- These 2200 datacards were uploaded in the EAHIL SILK Dasboard, using a template that Bianca already used to create the Utrecht Dashboard, to make sure look & feel were similar to the overall survey dashboard.
- Below all countries are listed.
- Now it is time to study the results, play with the dataset, compare, but most of all .....
think of research questions of which we as European librarians, can benefit to improve our services to the research community. Maybe an opportunity to collaborate in an international project......?
- For questions, reactions, please contact Guus van den Brekel (@digicmb)
RebelMouse will be shutting down our free product completely on 9/1/16. For more information Click Here.
Upgrading to the full and soon to be only version costs probably over 5-10.000+ us$ for companies or institutions.
My advice for content aggregation & curation. Keep using Netvibes
In light of the current situation with the status of the ZBMED, I think it is a good moment to show everybody OUTSIDE Germany a few of the key services and tools that they have on offer for everybody, not just in Germany.
LIVIVO : The Search Portal for Life Sciences : the merge & upgrade from MedPilot & GreenPilot
More than just a search engine ...
- 55 Mio records of specialist literature from the life sciences.
- Convenient search: alternative word forms and synonyms are included automatically - not just in English, but in multiple languages.
- Easy access to documents: Full text online, in stock of ZB MED or order with costs? Additional tabs below your hits show you the quickest way to the document.
- Hit list sorted by relevance (learn more about our relevance ranking).
- User-friendly interface, even with mobile devices due to responsive design.
Combined with useful features:
- Always informed about new publications for your search query - via e-mail with our e-mail search agent
- Cite every record in LIVIVO easily via a static link. Simply use the function named Link at the right side of the record in your hit list (save this permalink or share it with friends).
- Arrange lists with interesting literature, that may be saved or send via E-mail, by using bookmarks.
- Get access to research data a publication is based on: If possible, articles are linked with their research data from the platform DRYAD (follow the correspondent link via 'More links' in your result).
- Find matching results to one of your hits via More like this at the right side of the record in your hit list.
- Find even more results by changing to the external databases (e.g. for Cochrane, BIOSIS or SCISEARCH).
- NEW! Integration of your link resolver: Let your users check the local availability of any hit in LIVIVO via our linking service: An extra button will be shown at every hit, in case the IP-range of your institution is registered for this service in LIVIVO. Please contact us if you have not yet used this service in MEDPILOT or GREENPILOT and would like to activate this button. We will need the following details: The name of your institution, the base URL of your link resolver, the URL of the button and the IP-adresses.
the Databases included
- AGRICOLA, AGRIS, BASE, BfR (Risk Assessment), BVL (Consumer Protection and Food Safety), Catalogue of the NLM, Catalogue TIB, Catalogue ZB MED, Catalogue Nutrition. Environment. Agriculture., Catalogue Medicine. Health., Coastal and deep sea fishing,
- Current Contents, bibnet.org, CC GREEN, CC MED, GMS, DBIS, DissOnline, Econis, ELFIS, EZB, FLI (Animal Health), HECLINET, IPB (Plant Biochemistry), IPK Gatersleben (Cultivated Plants), JKI (Cultivated Plants), Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut (TI), MEDLINE, MRI (Nutrition and Food), Publishing data, Hogrefe publisher's db, Karger publisher's db, Krause and Pachernegg, Thieme publisher's db, SOMED, SSG Veterinary medicine (TiHo), UBA-OPAC and ULIDAT, UFORDAT, VITIS-VEA, ZB Sport
- BIOSIS Previews ( ppv ), CAB Abstracts ( ppv ), Cochrane CENTRAL, Cochrane DARE, Cochrane CDSR, ETHMED, ISTPB + ISTP/ISSHP ( ppv ), Lehmanns online, HTA Database, NHSEED, PsycINFO ( ppv ), PSYNDEX ( ppv ), SCISEARCH ( ppv )
PUBLISSO is an open access publishing portal for life sciences run by ZB MED, Europe's largest information centre and literature provider in the field of life sciences. It is aimed at all researchers in life sciences disciplines who would like to make the content of their work freely accessible. PUBLISSO also offers free advice and workshops on issues relating to open access and digital publishing. These services are aimed not only at researchers, but also librarians and anyone else involved in promoting open access.
PUBLISSO offers a range of open access publishing platforms for scientists and researchers working in the field of life sciences, enabling them to publish their research findings and data in different types of publications.
Living handbooks, Open access Publishing, DOI's, Research Data and much more..
Here are some of the leaflets (in English of course!)
- PUBLISSO – Publish open access with ZB MED: leaflet
- Living Handbooks – Up-To-Date Multimedia Handbooks: leaflet
- Advice on Open Access Publishing from ZB MED: leaflet
- ZB MED – For All Your DOI Registration Needs: leaflet
- German Medical Science – Open Access Publishing Platform for Medical Science: leaflet
- Research Data in the Life Sciences – How ZB MED Can Help: leaflet
Microsoft and UPMC launch Healthcare NeXT klou.tt/51sc86oowfrk
Do you want to know ALL OPTIONS to get access to the pdf of an scientific article? You will find all tips and tools below.
The University of Groningen Library has -together with the Central Medical …
Hoe krijg ik de pdf? :Toegang tot de full-text van e-journal collectie CMB en UB, alle opties #umcg @cmbUMCG flip.it/oEv8pR
I am thrilled that the organizing committee of EMTACL has set the dates for the NEXT EMTACL for 20-22 April 2015, again in Trondheim ánd again in the same awesome venue of Rica Nidelven Hotel Havnegata 1-3 (Map) with Norways Best Breakfast 7 years in a row!
I am even more excited about being asked to participate in the International Programm Committee (IPC) of #EMTACL15 to prepare the scientific programm!
I gladly accepted after consent of my boss Annalies Koelstra of the CMB UMCG ;-).
As a little exploration into curation tools, i have set up a REBELMOUSE EMTACL site to keep track of any mentions of EMTACL in social media and the web. It's one overview of what is being said about EMTACL, even if you do not have aTwitter, Facebook or anyother social media account. Check it out and let me know what you think of Rebelmouse.
emerging technologies in academic libraries Trondheim, Norway 20-22 of April 2015
A preprint is a completed draft of a scientific manuscript that is uploaded by the author on a public server; often it is the same version of the manuscript that is submitted to a …
Can you name two things that Norway is famous for? Exactly, fjords and northern lights. As Trondheim isn't particularly famous for either of them (unless you are very lucky in
Where is Jeffrey Beall when we so desperately need him?
I saw a tip in an article that Google Scholar provided Journal Reports that would be useful in evaluating where to send a manuscript. So I …
Here are the slides belonging to the presentation of the first ever NMC Horizon Report Library Edition!