How to Fix Error - new Dell desktop Printer problem?
new Dell desktop Printer problem
I have my Dell Printer (Photo 964) connected to my Windows Vista system on my new Dell desk top and it has never worked with this new computer. It worked fine with my Dell laptop. The desktop is new as of 4 months ago.
I have gone through the self help and everything seems to be okay. It recognizes my printer, but will not print.
I appreciate your help.
Keys to the Problem new Dell desktop Printer problem
Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Communities site.
Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964
This printer does appear to be compatible with Windows Vista according to the
Windows Vista Compatibility Center.
If you have not already done so please download and install the
Dell printer driver linked in Michael Murphy’s reply.
After you have done that please test the functionality of the printer.
If the printer does not printer – after – you’ve installed the correct driver…
One thing I recommend checking is the PORT your printer is configured to use.
If the printer is a USB printer you will want to ensure that it is configure to use a USB port.
If it is not configure correctly you can see issues such as yours where no
errors were seen during installation, the printer appears to be connected, but you are unable to print.
Configuring a printer to use a USB port…
1. Ensure that the printer’s driver and software have been successfully installed.
2. Ensure that the printer is presently connected to the computer, via USB, and is powered on.
3. Click Start, type Printers in the
Start Search bar, and then press Enter.
4. Right-click the printer you want to configure, and select
5. Click on the Ports tab, and ensure that a
USB port is checked.
6. Uncheck any other ports – such as LPT1, LPT2, COM1, or COM2.
7. Click on the Apply button, and then click on the
8. From the General tab click the
Print Test Page button.
9. If all is well you should hear your printer feeding paper, and printing you out a test page.
Jared - Support
Engineer - MSFT
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Posting to you from
Another Safe way to Fix the problem: new Dell desktop Printer problem:Click here to download the registry repair application .
How to Fix new Dell desktop Printer problem with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Computer goes blank when attempting to access a website.,how do i remove fingerprints from my computer screen?,Solution to Error: How to use recovery tools in Windows 7 from the 100mb partition?,References tab APA Citations Margins,How to Fix - Someone please help me. DVD RW drive not showing up! WIN7(STARTER)32 bit?,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),Missing Microsoft Windows ashoutxt.dll File - How to Fix,How Can I Fix cxcore096.dll Error by Myself,How Can I Fix dsauth.dll Error by Myself,msde.dll Missing,How Can I Fix psizewizres.dll Error by Myself,How to Download ASUS XGI Compatible Super VGA Driver Package Version R1.13.00/Driver Version 18.104.22.1680 for Windows XP 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Server 2003 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Vista 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows Server 2008 32/64 bit(WHQL),Windows 7 32/64 bit(WHQL),Window,Update NeoMagic® MagicMedia 256AVP Display Adapter Driver,How to Update NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64,Download Realtek ALC850 AC'97 Driver V22.214.171.12400 WHQL for Windows 2000/XP/2003 & 64bit XP/2003.,How to Update Realtek LAN V6.203.0214.2008
Read More: How Can I Fix - No options button after clicking settings in charms with IE11?,Network folder not showing up in metro apps [Anwsered],my shortcuts formates change to .lnk how can i fix it?,My telstra turbo next g network cuts in and out continually while I am n the internet and it is quite difficule at times actually getting internet.,My seagate expansion drive cant be ejected,My word program is locked and I cant edit documents!! HELP,Need to reinstall IE 11