Badges: how style and add to a post
Badges have multiple uses: some clients use them to flag their promoted content, others just to have a cool way to categorize their content.
If you want to set some badges up for your site, here's a full step by step.
1. Set up your badge images: this can be done by going to the Hamburger Menu > Badges.
2. Add a new Badge: in this order you'll be asked to
1) Select a design for your badge by uploading an image / pasting an image URL.
2) Select your Badge's name to identify it.
3) Link your Badge to a tag so it appears automatically when that tag is used.
For tags to appear, you'll have to assign them to a Post in the Entry Editor during its creation (or you can edit an old post). For example:
In the Advanced gear in the Entry Editor, I've selected a Badge for this post.
- Choose more than one badge to be displayed (you'll always need to create them first in the 'Badges' link)
- Choose which badge is the primary one
Then, you can actually customize how your Badges look in the Layout & Design tool.
First, make sure it's set to be displayed in the Element Order, in the settings of the Lead Media inside the Post Page:
You can do CSS per element to them as well, by clicking on the styles card and scrolling down to the Badges sub-elements:
So, here's an example of a Post displaying a badge I've set up: