You're logging on to Warcraft, and whether you've been playing all this time or just now coming back to play through the Legion expansion, you're looking at your character and inspecting your bags and thinking "Okay it's time to clean up".
- some items are being changed to toys
- a mount is rewarded from Toy collecting
- we're getting a new Wardrobe system
- you could potentially make a lot of gold with the toy and Wardrobe systems
On top of adding new toys to the expansion content, the devs are changing some items from classic WoW onto Warlords of Draenor and turning them into toys.
Of course the first step is to figure out if you've already done those quests or not.
If you need help with that, you can use the Wowhead Profiler tool and go look at your character's completed quests.
Or you can use an addon like Quest Completist to browse for the info in-game.
They can see what achievements you've completed and the discarded items will immediately be added in the Toy Box (they've done this before when they introduced the Toy Box).
And as for quests, it should work the exact same way and you should be credited for previously completed quests.
This includes the Blingtrons and all teleportation devices.
And please keep in mind that some of these changes might be reverted at the last minute for whatever reason - we've seen this happen for Warlords of Draenor - so don't be surprised if it happens here too.
So that means it has to be the right armor proficiency for your character and has to be the correct class if there's a class restriction on the item.
Like let's say a cloth warlock-specific item on a priest - even though it's a cloth item, the class restriction will make you unable to add it to your Wardrobe from that priest character.
One other detail to note is that when the Wardrobe system goes live, all the items in your bags, bank, void storage that follow these rules will be automatically added to your Wardrobe.
Every other item you get after your character's logged in will have to be manually added.
Just think about that.
On top of that, Honor and Conquest points are going away in Legion because we're getting a new PvP system, so if you've got points lying there you might as well be using them! (Don't worry - we'll still be able to purchase all that old gear with a new PvP currency.)
Again - think about that.
Try to encompass all the crafting professions in your brain at the same time.
You think that current items in the Auction House that are being sold for transmogrification have a high price?
To sum everything quickly:
- Don't throw away hard-to-earn gear or future toys
- If you want to collect toys - start now
- Move the BoE gear on toons that can equip that gear
- Tabards - if you throw some away, make sure you can get them back; if you want to collect them, check out the Wowhead guide
- Vendor gear - lots of it locked behind reputation or special currency
- Keep all of your crafting mats
- Do Brawler's Guild right now to get the shirts
- Collect PvP gear if you have the time to farm